Love Your Library, vol. 6


This one knitted up so fast, I didn't even take in-progress shots! Deviating a bit from my toy theme, this month I'm working on hat patterns I've had languishing in my library. This one uses leftover Malabrigo Mecha, one of my all-time favorite yarns ever. The hat is mostly reverse stockinette, which unlike garter stitch in the round, doesn't leave the tell-tale "seam" line or "jog" when you start a new round. Hurrah! Small one-stitch cables are used to make the stockinette stitches form triangular peaks. Felt fiddly during the early set-up rows, but after that the pattern gets pretty intuitive and there's a rest row in between each cabling row. This finished hat weighs 70 grams. I have exactly 70 grams of this colorway remaining ... do I attempt to make a second??? I most likely will, but will probably wait until I knit some other hat patterns first.

Yarn: Malabrigo Mecha, colorway: Whale's Road (used 70 grams)
Needles: start with 8, then switches to 9 for body of hat
Mods: None! I was thinking the hat would be more slouchy than I like based on the pattern pictures, but fits my big noggin perfectly when knit as written. 


How's your Love Your Library challenge going this week? Feel free to join us if you just discovered the challenge!

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Easy-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
If this widget does not appear, click here to display it.

4 comments:

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Lovely hat - gorgeous colourway. That blue is divine.

Kat Riddell said...

That hat is fantastic! I absolutely love that colorway-the blues work together so well.

Unknown said...

I love that color! It looks so cozy and warm. Great pattern.

Alicia said...

That's gorgeous!

2021 year in review

  Who would have thought that the second year of a pandemic would be worst than the first, in terms of crafting mojo? Not I. But this chart ...